Friday, December 17, 2010

Looking Back

Where did this year go? It seems like yesterday it was the start of the year and now it is almost over. I was looking back at my post from January and the things I wanted to accomplish this year.

Read 12 good books. I have read more than 12 good books this year. The best series that I read was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I read all three books back to back. It was a very good read. I was so disappointed when it was over. I love to read books like that. I then watched the movies. They were good but I have yet to see a movie that is better than the book.

Loose 20 pounds. Well in fact I have lost a total of 24 pounds! At the beginning of the year I was diagnoses with a fatty liver and high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I was put on medication for the cholesterol and blood pressure. I started to walk in the park and now I walk about 35 miles a week and watch what I eat. My blood pressure is now fantastic and cholesterol is below150. I find out on Monday how my liver is doing.

Give 20 gallons at the blood bank. I did not reach this goal due to my health conditions. I wanted to make sure that I had all of my issues taken care of so I can donate for years to come. If all is well on Monday then I can start to donate again. I may even try to get a donation in before the end of the year.

Be happy with my decisions. Well that is another tough one. I have to make decisions that effect not only me and my family but also my team at work and patients that I see. I would have to say that there are few decisions that hind sight would change my choice. I would have to say that I am happy with my decisions that I made this year.

The past year dealt many challenges, both personal and professional. It seemed like there was one obstacle after another put in my path. I have been able to overcome those obstacles and turn them into inconveniences and learning experiences. I look forward to the many challenges that the new year will bring.

No comments: