Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quote of the day junkie

I have been on this kick with reading quotes from quote of the day. I have always read the the quote that comes out on my blog. I see quotes from people that I have never even heard of and they made a lot of sense. I went to the site and started surfing the quotes and before I knew it hours had gone by. I was lost in quotes. I read quotes by John Wayne that I never thought came from him and moved on to Jim Carey. I was amazed at the quotes from all of these people. One of the Jim Carey quotes is "If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret. " I just found that so deep for such a funny man. And John Wayne. "I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves." I guess when your as big a cowboy as he was you just spoke your mind. If that statement were made today the press would be all over him. But he is also quoted with; "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. " That does not sound like a cowboy talking. When ever you have a few extra minutes to surf the web, head over to one of the quote sites and look up your favorite actor or writer and see what words of wisdom they have for you. Who knows you just might find your self saying "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. " (Bruce Lee) Seize the day and make it yours. Only you can create your universe.

No comments: