Friday, September 4, 2009

The $1500 question






So your walking on a sidewalk at school and you look down. Something catches your eye. It looks like trash but it doesn't look like trash. You pick it up to examine it and then your eyes get very big. You start counting...$100....$200...$300.. $400.............$1000.............$1500! $1500 in a roll of cash. No one is around. It is the last bell of the day and your Mom is waiting to pick you up. What do you do? What......do......you.....do?






Well, if you are my son, you take the wad of cash to the school office and tell them you found this on the ground and maybe someone is looking for it. I'm so proud of him! He has been wanting a laptop computer and trying to figure out ways to get one and then all of that money just lands in his hands. He does the right thing and turns it in. I can't honestly say that I would have done that. I guess I'm raising him right. I'm not sure what happens to the money if no one claims it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yea...I'm not sure I would've turned it in. I would find a way to justify it...like...'it could have been drug money. I'm doing a favor by taking drug money away from drug dealers.' :) Buuutttt....WAY TO GO CHRIS! If I was rich, I'd go buy you a laptop!

Brenda said...

Nice job chris, you did the right thing. You never know maybe no one will claim it and you will get it back.