Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rain rain and more rain

Tropical storm Hermine rolled through south Texas yesterday and today. With the first wave we got a little over 5 inches of rain. Then last night 2 bands came rolling across the area. It started about 1:48 this morning. I know this because the storm was very loud. My dog Larry is a big chicken when it comes to thunder. He jumped up on the bed and I couldn't get him to get off. He stayed at the foot of the bed the rest of the night. I know this because he was shaking the bed like it had a massage motor built into it. Larry weighs 58 pounds and I could not budge him. Then princess thinks she can keep the thunder away if she barks when she sees the lightening. The second wave moved through about 3 in the morning. There was more lightening associated with the second wave and a lot more rain. Between the 2 waves we added a little over 3 inches to the total. As I sit here typing the rain is still coming down in waves. Hermine has brought a total of about 11 inches so far with scattered showers expected tonight. This rain was welcomed as we were getting close to water restrictions. Everything is already looking greener.

No comments: