Monday, June 8, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park







Shakespeare in the park was fantastic once again this year. The play was the comedy "As You Like It" and was put on by the Magik theater group at the Botanical Gardens. It is all lawn seating on a first come basis. We always sit about 20 feet from the stage. I have only missed the first year production. The acting is first rate and is produced to the highest standards. It is always a good time. The gate opens at 6:30 and the play started at 8:00. They have food booths and souvenir booths set up and you can roam the grounds, after you lay claim to your spot of course. I usually just get a water and read my book until the play starts. I usually try to go twice but due to my surgery I was only able to attend the one performance. Net year is Shakespeare it the Park's 25 anniversary and we were told to expect something special. They said to keep an eye on the Magik Theater web site for more information. I can't wait til next year!

No comments: